Pages

Monday 2 March 2015

Day 110

Biophilia is the study of our connection to nature.  My learned friend and mentor, Dr Les Higgins, is an expert on biophilia and why we desperately need to strengthen our connection to the natural world in order to enhance our health and well-being.  His blog and book is a scientifically-backed call for us all to seek out experiences with nature.

As I bumble through this parenting gig, I fear my parenting report card has an endless list of topics under the heading 'galaxy-sized room for improvement'.  So imagine my delight to read a blog post from Les about our youngest child, listing all the things I/we have inadvertently got right.

(As an aside, my dear friend Sam told me once that completing an Ironman event (3.6km swim, 180km ride, 42.2km run) was relatively easy because the streets were lined with people cheering her on. 'Parenting', she told me wisely, 'doesn't have anyone cheering you on - it's much, much tougher than Ironman.)

Thank you so much Les, for cheering me on.

Love

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment